Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Stop complaining, just do it!

I was watching tv yesterday morning for a few minutes (yes, only a few minutes, because most shows just annoy the crap out of me and I want to throw the remote at the television, which would just upset Brian to no end, what with it being a new set and all)...anyhow, the show I turned on was called, "The Doctors".

Now maybe you've heard of this show, maybe not. For those of you who haven't, it is produced by Dr. Phil's son, Jay (at least I think it's Jay; he's the only one I ever hear anyone talk about). The premise is that five real doctors deal with every day health issues and answer questions from viewers and audience members.

Yesterday's show was about being a "better you" in 2009. While I am all for learning about new ways to work out so I don't get bored, there is one topic that drives me insane every time I hear it. And that is the cry of "I-don't-have-enough-time-to-work-out-so-I-will-stay-fat-forever-and-just-learn-to-live-with-it". The doctors received a video from one of their viewers claiming she didn't have enough time to work out because she was too busy looking after her ONE child.

One! They showed the woman getting out of bed and complaining about changing diapers five times a day, having to do laundry, vacuuming and making dinner. Now, maybe I'm just jealous, because I had FOUR freaking babies whose diapers needed changing; two of them at the same time (twins'll do that to ya). But how freakin' long does it take that woman to change the kid's diaper?

And let's not forget that the kid takes a nap at least once a day...so why on earth is she complaining about not having any time to herself? Maybe she'd like to switch places with me, and then she can see what not having time to look after herself really feels like? Maybe she'd like to see what sort of mountain of laundry four small children can make, and then compare it to her one kid?

Yes, yes, I realize that I sound a wee bit harsh here, but give me a break. If I, with four children, a dog, a cat, a husband, ususally two neighborhood kids and a house to run can manage to get in a workout, so could this woman.

And she at least gets a full night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment