Friday, February 27, 2009

It's Going to be a Long 40 Days and Nights...

This week saw the beginning of Lent...that time of year when some of us take a few moments to ponder what it is we will give up in the name of Jesus to somehow make ourselves a little holier. For some people, every Ash Wednesday brings the annual chocolate, coffee or wine break...for others it's choosing to spend 40 days trying to be more God-like through prayer or fasting.

And me? This year I decided to give up yelling at the kids for forty days and nights. I figured if Jesus could go without food and sleep in the desert for that long, I should be able to do something this simple, right?

I can hear you laughing, you know...

3 comments:

  1. That would be me laughing!! Hahahahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't even try to do that... I may make it a couple of days... and that's about it!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete