Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So It's Not Just Me...

I was reading Dawn Meehan's blog Because I Said So, and I can completely relate...because as I sit here, I have four children coming at me with four different requests...

Emma wants me to warm her feet up. She refuses to put socks on (the easiest way to warm her tootsies). Oh, no. She wants to sit with her feet under my legs, humming a rather strange little tune in her own language.

Avery insists on doing her homework, despite the fact that it's not due until Friday, the little keener. But this means that she must constantly ask me how to spell things, since she won't wait until after dinner to start her work. And yelling at her younger brother and sister because she needs quiet.

Ian, who has been home sick from school, wants to know if he should play on the computer. If he should, not if he can...

And Jamie wants to finish the letter to Santa that he started last night. Note that today is February 3.

Emma says she thinks she's going to throw up tonight.

No one wants to leave the laptap alone so that I can type.

"Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday..." sings Emma.

"How do you spell late, Mummy?" asks Avery.

"Turn the tv off!" that would be me, yelling at them.

And this is a calm five minutes around here...

A PostScript...I have been trying (unsuccessfully, I might add and am ready to throw this piece of trash laptop through a window) to add a link to Dawn's website at the start of this post...you know, where I mentioned her blog...I thought it would be appropriate there...anyway, it's not working, so here is the link...this had better work....grrr...

Ok, for some reason, unknown to me in all my non-techno abilities, this link is not working...so you can just click on it in the right hand column of my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment