Tuesday, February 10, 2009

In This Corner...

In a battle of wills betwen an adult and a four year old, who will emerge victorious?


At this point, if you're guessing the four year old, I'm thinking you might be right.


Emma refused to eat her dinner last night. Absolutely refused to open her mouth. Since I don't believe in forcefully shoving food down her throat (and just how would one do that anyway? I mean, you could get it into her mouth, I suppose, but how could you make her swallow?), that meant no dinner. (And no, I did not offer her anything other than what was on the table; I am not setting that as a precedent)

This morning she had a bowl of cereal for breakfast. She had a pumpkin muffin a bit later, and has eaten nothing since.

Did I mention that it is now close to dinner?

I did offer her the plate from last night (reheated, of course) while her brothers and sister enjoyed their lunch.

Again she refused.

At snack time, she attempted to block me from giving the others their food (she was unsucessful), and told me (several times over) that she wanted a "snack food that is not the food from last night".

I informed her that if she wanted something to eat, she was more than welcome to finish her dinner from last night.

You can guess how that idea went over.

So here we are, nearly twenty four hours later, and my youngest daughter has barely eaten. I'm sure she won't starve, but I am not looking forward to dinner tonight. Emma's dinner will once again be her "disgusting" (this adjective for food she hadn't even tasted) dinner from last night. This ain't gonna be pretty folks...

The question is this: just how many times can a plate of food be reheated before it turns into a science experiment?

I guess we'll find out tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment