Thursday, January 13, 2011

Well, That Was Strange...

Getting out of the shower today, I had an experience I've never had before.

Jamie, my six year old, knocked on the bathroom door and said, "Mommy, can I see your boobs?"

"Uh, no," was my first reaction. "Why?" was my second (now let's get it clear that I don't actually have a problem with my son seeing me naked...I've just started getting used to the idea of not walking around my room in the nude because it freaks out Ian, who is 10 and has decided that seeing his mother without clothes is not something he cares for - a normal, 10 year old boy reaction, Brian assures me)...

But back to Jamie...

"I just want to see them," he replied. And then proceeded to push open the bathroom door...

He grinned and said, "Oh man! They're awesome!"

And then he slammed the door shut and ran down the stairs, yelling to his brother, "Ian! I just saw Mommy's boobs!"

Ian's response?

"Ewwww..."

I'm not sure how I feel about either of their reactions...

No comments:

Post a Comment