Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March Break Is Not Really A "Break" At All...


It has been over a week since I posted anything...and once again, I am going to place complete blame on my children.

I know, I know, bad mommy...which is what Emma has been saying to me over and over for weeks on end...my daughter has yet to leave the baby jaguar routine behind, but she is (thankfully) sleeping through the night again...

We are on March break here (aka spring break), and Brian has taken this week for vacation as well...and I was looking forward to a nice, quiet week with the kids and my husband. We would celebrate Emma and Jamie's 5th birthday (which came yesterday, on St. Patrick's Day), go to the library or a movie or two, and clean out the basement, which has turned into a self-regenerating junk pile.

By now I should know better than to plan anything around here.

Every single day has been filled with something that was not on my list of "to-do's"...and while I really shouldn't complain about the weather, I'm about to...since the weather is yet another reason why I haven't gotten around to crossing things off my list...it's been absolutely beautiful here since Sunday afternoon (can't remember further back than that, so Saturday may have been nice too and I've just blocked it out)...and who wants to trudge around in the dungeon when the sun is shining and the temperature has been above freezing for the first time since October?

We've also been smack dab in the middle of one of those crazy weeks where there is one obligation or another every single day...between Brian, me and the kids, the only day this week for the six of us to relax together is Sunday...the day before March break ends and they are all off to work and/or school again...

I'm going to need a break from my break...

No comments:

Post a Comment