Thursday, March 5, 2009

Every Day One of Them Says Something...


Any time that Ian sees Brian and I display any form of affection for one another, like the times we give each other a kiss (and I'm not talking about any big, wet, sloppy, inappropriate-for-the-children-to-see kisses here - just a quick joining of lips), he scrunches up his nose and yells at the top of his lungs, "E-e-e-w-w-w!"...which is probably normal for an almost-nine year old boy who still thinks that girls have cooties...

This morning Brian and I stood in the kitchen, sharing a few precious seconds together. Arms wrapped around one another, we gave each other a kiss. Through the pass-through window to the dining room, Avery watched us from where she sat at the table drawing.

"Avery," I asked. "Does this gross you out?" (thinking of Ian's usual reaction).

"No," she replied. "It beauties me out."

2 comments:

  1. SNiff...I really shouldn't read you when it is THAT time of the month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids say the darndest things!! I can totally see Avery saying that too!

    ReplyDelete