Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"Ugh! I hate multiplication!"

So yelled Avery as she sat at the kitchen table to do her homework.

"I can't do this! It's too hard!"

This, after showing me the results of her math quiz...

The one where she got 34 out of 36 questions right...

"My teacher says we have to self-correct our homework.  Can you do it for me? Please?"

When I told her no, she immediately whined, "But wh-h-h-y?"

"Because 'self-correct' means you are supposed to do it," I informed her.

So she sat, huffing and puffing, doing her homework.  And when it was done, she flounced down to the basement where she (I'm assuming) flung her body onto one of the couches and continued to complain loudly to her brothers and sister that "multiplication is so stupid! It's not like I'm ever going to need it in real life!"

Ah, the innocence (ignorance?) of youth...

No comments:

Post a Comment