Friday, September 13, 2013

Maybe We Should Just Go To Mexico...

Braces cost how much??

Ratsulfratsulfrikakra...to quote (somewhat) Yosemite Sam...

Took Ian for a consultation today to figure out if there really is an issue in his mouth...

There is...

And it's gonna cost a whole heck of a lotta dough to fix the problems...

Plural.

As in, more than one problem.

As in 36 months of fixing (most likely)...

I called Brian to tell him the news...

"Are you sitting down?"  I asked.

"Um, yeah," he replied. "How much?"

When I told him what it was going to cost, there was a silence on the other end of the phone for a couple of seconds.

"Maybe we should just take him to Mexico to get it done," my children's doting dad suggested.

I laughed.

"I'm only half-joking," Brian continued.  "I know a guy who had to get $40,000 worth of work done and he booked a flight to Mexico, and only paid $4000."

What buddy neglected to mention is that he is now capable of getting 150 Sirius radio stations through his molars...

And then to top off this week of lice and braces, Avery came home early from school (all heads that were previously buggy are still running clear through the Robi-Comb-I love that thing!) because at her group table of six, four kids (including her) all started to feel like throwing up...

Ah, the joys of parenthood...

No comments:

Post a Comment