Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Made...


...MAYONNAISE!!

Yes, I know I'm yelling...but hey, I MADE MAYONNAISE!

From scratch people...

I told you I was inspired...

In case you're wondering, I used Julia Child's recipe...but since I really like Martha Stewart (I don't care what anyone says), I'm going to try her recipe next...that way we can do a side-by-side taste comparison...but let me tell you, the homemade stuff is fantastic...

With all due respect to Hellman's and Kraft, I am never buying the stuff again...

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to do this. And, since I'm almost out of mayo, perhaps this is the impetus I need.

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't argue.. made it myself. Not all the time mind you, but it's really not that difficult. By the way, if it "breaks" on you, you can put a bit of water in. That will sometimes pull it back together. Same for Hollandaise or Bernaise sauce.
    Try aioli, that's really good too!

    ReplyDelete