Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy ? Halloween...

It's October 31 again...

Which means Halloween is almost over...

Officially, it's today only, but the entire month of October is one big creep-fest for most people...scary movies on tv and in theatres, kids trying to find the creepiest, ghouliest (it's a word) costumes possible...my boys trying to figure out how best to scare the crap out me...

I hate it.

I hate being scared. I hate scary movies, scary costumes and scary music. Hate it, hate it, hate it...I know there are others out there who feel the same way I do (my sisters being two of them, not sure about my brother), but we seem to be few and far between...

We used to have a babysitter who would watch horror movies after she put our kids to bed.  One night, we came home to find the house dark (or mostly, only one light was on upstairs), and our lovely babysitter Ashley, sitting in our darkened basement, watching "The Fog"...

"Are you well?" I asked her.

"Oh, I love scary movies," she told me.

I'm creeped out just thinking about it.

Personally, I'm a Christmas girl...I get giddy seeing Christmas decorations in the store in August.  I call my husband and giggle like a school girl each time I see some new sign that Christmas is getting closer...I plan baking and turkey dinners and where to hide the gifts so the kids don't find them...I love Christmas music (and especially the radio station in town that plays Christmas music 24 hours a day, seven days a week from November 24 to December 25)...I love watching Christmas specials and watching the first flakes come down...

It's almost here...I just have to get through today...

No comments:

Post a Comment