Friday, June 12, 2009

Oh me, oh my...

So after the "marriage" talk in the car last night, I went out to pick up a few groceries while Brian put the kids to bed.

There was a bit of a kerfuffle when Jamie realized that I wasn't there, because he had wanted to tell me something.

"Well, why don't you tell me?" Brian asked.

"Because you're not Mama," Jamie answered (quite logically, I thought, when the story was retold to me). "I wanted to tell Mommy something."

"Well, I'm just like Mama," said Brian, trying to convince our youngest son that he was a good substitute for me. "Aren't I?"

"No!" Both boys answered their father...and then proceeded to give him a list of the reasons why he was not me.

"First," said Ian. "You're a man, not a woman."

"Number two," added Jamie. "You have a beard here," pointing to Brian's five o'clock shadow.

"And you don't have these thing-a-ma-jigs," said Ian, pointing to his chest.

"Thing-a-ma-jigs?" Brian was breathless, trying to choke back his laughter.

"And," said Ian, with a finality that ended the conversation, "You have a willy, not a line here." (pointing to his own front)

We're still trying to pick Brian up off the floor.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA!!! that is so hilarious... kids are so truthful :) I am so glad i found your blog. xoxo hazel

    ReplyDelete