Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Colors of the Rainbow...

Today is a magenta day.

This is a term my sisters and I came up with many moons ago (read: when we were still very young and foolish aka teenagers) to describe the mood I am in today.

Magenta is a combination of colors...I'm not really depressed, so I'm not black; I'm not really sad, so I'm not blue; not jealous, so I'm not green; not angry, so not red; I'm not happy, so not yellow...just kind of a mixture of all of it...

It could be the weather...the cold, wet rain does nothing except make me want to stay in bed with the covers wrapped tightly around me...it could be the expense of having to fix the car, it could be that it's only Tuesday and I wish that it was the end of the week...

Whatever the reason, I am magenta today.

I hate magenta moods.

And then five year old Jamie and Emma came home from school and asked me how old I am.

"I will be 41 on Friday," I told them.

"What? 41?! That's too old to be you Mama!" they exclaimed.

So either they think I look much younger than I am or they just cannot conceive of anyone being that old...

I'm going to go with the first choice...because, bless their little hearts, they help turn magenta into yellow...

No comments:

Post a Comment