Sunday, December 28, 2008

I blame the children...

So in trying to find my brand new blog this morning, I discovered to my shock that someone else had "stolen" my website! Someone by the name of Melissa (which coincidentally is the name of one of my sisters) had somehow managed to get my "watermelon" name and created her very own blog.

I sat on the couch, blinded with fury. The beginnings of a major temper tantrum began to manifest itself. "How dare she?" I fumed. "It's MY name! She can't just take it!" A few other choice names began to percolate in my brain (I didn't actually spew any of them out, what with a four year old boy sitting peacefully on the couch with me, I do have some semblance of parental judgement).

And then my husband came downstairs and calmly removed the computer from my lap. He stared at the screen for about thirty seconds, then handed the thing back to me and told me to look very carefully at the domain bar (or whatever you call that thing-y)...

It would seem that no one had stolen the "watermelon" site from me. I spelled it wrong when I registered the website.

I have heard many times that women lose brain cells from the moment of conception and continue to do so for two full years (yep, that means until the kid is past his or her first birthday)...since I had four kids in less than four years, I make the claim that I am only now starting to recover a few of those lost cells.

So first, I apologize to this poor girl "Melissa" for accusing her of heinous crimes, and for my inability to type in a simple word correctly, I'm going to blame the children...

1 comment:

  1. Placenta Brain... it's a wonderful thing... when it can work in your favor! Then there's the times when you really need those lost cells! You know the times... when you can't seem to find your wallet... you've looked everywhere for it... you swear you have! Then someone else walks in and looks and the counter right in front of you where your wallet has been for the last two days! You catch my point!

    ReplyDelete